SAQRA'S BELLY DANCE REVUE!
DECEMBER AND JANUARY SPECIAL EVENTS
- Dec 2 ---> 6PM - 9PM <---Special Holiday Show and Potluck at Saqra's Studio so come dance for us! Directions at http://www.saqra.net/lastoasis.html
Yes, your friends and family are welcome as usual.
Dancers: Raqs el Sehr Shamal, ?, ?, ?, Chandani's Shimmy on the Raq Troupe, ?, ?, Chandani, ?, ?, ? and Saqra
- ABOUT POTLUCK & STUFF: Please bring hot or cold, finger food or not, something or NOTHING at all (there is always a ton of stuff at these things). We will have a place to plug in, plates, silverware, glasses. ByoBeverage of choice. Maybe a chair would be wise :D
All the usual info.... CD or Live for dancing and contact Saqra to get a dance spot!
- Jan 6, 2018 6:30-9 - back at the Golden Steer! OUR ANNUAL "BABY NEW YEAR" ALL TERRIFIED DANCERS SHOW
Band: RaqsBand Dancers: ?, ?, ?, ?, Angela CD, Amalynn, Na'imah (Live), YOU, ?, ?
You can sign up in advance OR just show up with a costume and a CD/iPod and a desire to dance. You can say you are going to dance and change your mind. You can step into the dance area and then change your mind. This is a NO PRESSURE event completely billed as an ALL TERRIFIED DANCER event.
New? This is for you.
Experienced troupe dancer uncomfortable with soloing? This is for you!
Trying something out of the box for you? This is for you!
Professional who rarely/never danced to live music? This is for you!
We suggest music between 20 seconds and 5 minutes
1st Saturday of every month - 6:30-9pm Saqra presents an open dance revue
in Kent, WA.
- GOLDEN STEER RESTAURANT
- Conference room seating from 6pm and you CAN order food and drinks in there.
- 6:30 Show starts with band.
Dance to LIVE MUSIC OR CD. Contact email@example.com (253-813-8580)
to dance -- please be aware that you can't book
someone else... the person dancing needs to book the
spot themselves or we seem to experience a lot of no-shows! About 9-12 dancers all levels. $5 cover
ABOUT GOLDEN STEER: This spacious venue is
in Kent. Venue is good for all ages with full bar
& restaurant service in the conference room. This place has a rep for REALLY good food at reasonable prices. Lots of seating.
Large non-raised dance area and space to travel into
audience as desired. Restroom dressing area. Excellent dance floor lighting.
---- So does this include YOU to dance?
Yes! Dancers welcome all levels all styles. Please try to limit your request to every other
month for this event (if you want to dance and you danced last month, please
ask anyway ... if it gets down to the day before and
we have the space we would love to have you). We do accept booking several months in advance, but there
are almost always changes and cancellations at the last minute so don't be afraid to ask!
We do ask that you try to keep recorded music times to no
longer than 7-9 minutes for a troupe. Soloists maybe
like 4-7 max unless you are going to do something extra
entertaining... then just like keep it like 7-9. Nobody
is really going to hold a clock on you, but it is always
better to leave them wanting a bit more. <grin>
Final line-up in order for each month usually
appears here about the Thursday before the event.
- Dec 2 ---> 6PM <---Special Holiday Show and Potluck at Saqra's Studio so come dance for us! http://www.saqra.net/lastoasis.html Band: RaqsBand Dancers: Raqs el Sehr Shamal, ?, ?, ?, Chandani's Shimmy on the Raq Troupe, ?, ?, Chandani, ?, ?, ? and Saqra
- Jan 6, 2018 Band: RaqsBand Dancers: ?, ?, ?, ?, Angela CD, Amalynn, Na'imah (Live), YOU, ?, ? OUR ANNUAL "BABY NEW YEAR" ALL TERRIFIED DANCERS SHOW back at the Golden Steer!
- Feb 3, 2018 Band: RaqsBand Dancers: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Aleedra's Sisters, ?, ?, ?, ?, Aleedra, and Saqra
* I-5 to I-405 in Southcenter
- EASY DIRECTIONS TO GOLDEN STEER FROM I-5:
* I-405 N to Exit 2 SOUTH on Hwy 167 (towards Kent/Auburn)
* Hwy 167 to second Exit (212th St)
* Left on 212th -- go up and over the hill
* Right on 108th Ave SE (5th traffic light from the exit) -- it will zigzag and become 104th
* 1.5 miles and Golden Steer will be on your left by MacClendon's Hardware and/or Paola's Restaurant
Copyright(c) 2016 Saqra. All rights reserved.