HANDY TIME SHIFTING
- Beginning 1 Session - Tu Noon,
- Beginning A Session - Th 1:30,
- Tu 1:30, Tu 7:30, Wed 5:30, Th 12:15, Th 6:00
Saqra does have a Beginning Isolation
Breakdown Video available (DVD - PAL also
available). Please see http://www.saqra.net/video.html
Note to people enrolling
through KENT COMMONS: if you check with Kent Commons and the numbers are low for the class you
want, never fear. The classes are NEVER canceled because
of low numbers through Kent Commons. ALL CLASSES ARE
IN THE SAME PLACE... Kent Commons enrolled classes
are ALSO located at Saqra's studio in Kent.
This option is NOT REQUIRED to continue on to INTERMEDIATE or INT/ADV CLASSES!
This is an OPTION ONLY!
To earn a BEGINNING BELLY DANCE
MASTERY CERTIFICATE you must:
- Complete both Beginning Curriculums
- Plan a 3-5 minute dance and perform
it for a Beginning Class. Contact
Saqra to discuss scheduling your performance
and to plan if you want a little help preparing.
- CLASS LEVEL: Low Intermediate through Professional.
ONGOING CLASSES. Drop in any time.
This is a special topic course taught workshop style. Because of Saqra's layered-concept focus this
class is ALWAYS a challenge for all levels. You must not be afraid because
there will definitely be things you can't do as more concepts are layered
together. Everything is broken down, so it IS suitable for newly intermediate
through professional levels, but it can be intimidating some weeks if you
are new. Be patient wityh yourself! Class:
- PREREQUISITES: You probably should have had both Beginning Sessions through Saqra's studio, but it isn't absolutely required. You are generally expected to generally understand if not execute well: Lines & Circles, How to link movements ("Glowing Green Goo"), Finger Cymbal Counterrhythms (Gallops & Rolls - once again, not well!), Basic Veil handling (at least a few moves), at least 4 kinds of Shimmies when reminded, and you should be able to control your butt cheeks individually for "Locks." Live beginning classes
experienced ANYwhere are preferred as "video trained"
students usually do not have the level of technique
necessary to allow the class to progress normally
for others. Growing up in an appropriate ethnic
background usually does not automatically create technically
skilled stage dancers either.
- SCHEDULE CHANGES: Occasionally classes are cancelled or the
schedule is modified instead of simply being
every week. For advance notice of these schedule
changes please see: Master
- FEES: DROP-IN $10/class.. or purchase a 7 CLASS PUNCHCARD/$55 (use within 3
months) or a 10 CLASS PUNCH CARD/$75 (use within 4 months) - punch card good for drop in to ANY class. (NOTE: There are also 4 week blocks offered
through Kent Parks and Rec @$45) CARDS ARE ALSO GOOD FOR BEGINNING DROP IN
- TOPICS: Topic names repeat
at least every10 months. Common topics (Different Types
of Combos with Cymbals, for example) repeat more
often than more exotic topics (sword dance... flamenco
steps converted to authentic oriental...) Do remember that I try very hard to
make certain whatever steps I am using in a focus topic
include ones I have not taught in a long time.
I have many students who have taken from me for years
and years and years
because of this. It is also why I originally
hesitated to publish
a topic list ("oh, I already had advanced veil
from her..." uhhhh, yeah, but did you have
all 120 distinct veil move combos from my archive files?), along with the fact that each warm-up
section also focuses on different material each week.
- UPCOMING FOCUS TOPICS ARE LISTED AT: Master
TOPIC NAME may have been offered
in the past THE MATERIAL is ALWAYS
DIFFERENT. THERE IS WAYYYY
MORE THAN ONE HOUR OF INFORMATION
FOR EACH TOPIC NAME.
- DIRECTIONS: http://www.saqra.net/lastoasis.html
ARE NOW LISTED AT: Master
Please, no refunds on class fees, and we reserve the right to refuse service
Got a question ? email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-813-8580
LESSONS & SPECIALTY TOPICS
Middle Eastern Drumming class available. Snake & Sword dancing classes
available. Private lessons in these
and all the topics listed in her workshop offerings
INSTRUCTION ON DVD
Copyright(c) 2019 Saqra. All rights reserved.